Sunday, January 01, 2006

Who am I?

This post is in reply to Silverine's Tag where I am supposed to list 20 facts about myself. So here goes.

1. I'm the eldest of the two kids. I spent 3 months of my babyhood in kerala and from then on grew up in Dubai. I still have my soft corner towards that place. It’s the child’s memory that we carry through out our lives that bonds us to the places and things that we do. At least this is what I believe.

2. I have a brother who is 4 years younger to me. During our primary school days there is not a moment that we’ve not fought. Amma used to have a tough time keeping us quiet. We were poles apart, talking about poles we still are. Inspite of all that we are a very close-knit siblings.

3. My dad has a broad outlook about life. My mom was very conservative but through the years she’s learnt to follow some of my dads traits if not completely.

4. I was just an average student in school. I’ll beat anyone in the number of tuitions I’ve taken during my school days. (Any challenges?? ;-))

5. I’m an introvert but not to the complete meaning of it though, but at the same time I cannot tell I’m an extrovert either. I’m best described as a little of both flavors.

6. I do not make friends very easily, that does not make me a very rude person. :-). It is impossible for me to judge someone from the first meeting. I take a lot of time to study the person before I open up.

7. Once I make friends they are for life. I have a few with whom I am still in touch and our friendships been around since my kindergarten. So you know what friends mean to me :-)

8. I abhor sleeping in the afternoons whenever I’m at home coz it spoils the following evening.

9. I am a very honest person, lying would not take you anywhere. To cover 1 lie we need to say 100 different lies.

10. I am quite a restless person. I cannot sit idle for a very long time therefore look out for the things to do from hanging a picture on the wall to cleaning up my room.

11. I am a very short-tempered person, which is not a very good attribute to anyone for that matter. But ever since my better half has arrived I’ve leant to control it to a great extent. Kudos to her!!

12. I give up too easily. I can never win an argument.

13. I fight for my right whenever and wherever possible.

14. I am very forgiving and cannot keep a grudge with anyone for a long time. I always make the first move for reconciliation.

15. I am very close to my family. Cherish every moment whenever possible to be with my cousins/aunts/uncles/grand parents. I also value family more than anything else.

16. I love watching movies. But I don’t get the time now as much as I used to in the past.

17. I am a perfectionist even though I know it is impossible. Be it work or home or whatever I do, I try to do it to the fullest.

18. My hobbies include reading/pencil sketching and the newly developed skill on baby-sitting. It’s quite a challenge I should say but at the same time fun and exciting.

19. I am not religious. I believe in thinking good about others, doing good to others and in the end good will come to you.

20. I’ve been happily married for 7 years/5 months/29 days. Have two wonderful boys. The young one just arrived this year in Oct 24, 2005.


Phew!!!! Some blogging this. Anyone else would like to try doing it???

On that note since its New Years Eve. Here’s wishing all of you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.

4 comments:

Arun said...

I would have commented on this one anyways :)
A rather truthful profile of the person that you actually are. You did forget to mention some smaller points like your penchants for cleaning, arranging stuff, and always being on the move.
But the important thing is, you didnt miss the bigger picture :)
This is a tough tag to do, makes you think a bit more objectively about someone whom you think about the least- yourself. Kudos for being brutally frank!

silverine said...

Hi Biju!!!

Are you sure you are not my long lost twin? :))As Arun said it is really difficult to pen facts about someone you hardly think about i.e. yourself. Lemme elaborate!

1. Me youngest :(
2. My brothers are 5 and 3 years elder to me.No 2 and me are like keeri and pambu at the same time we are best of freinds too.
3. Ditto
4. Well I was above average but the books failed to inspire me leading to a lot of other books being read in class :)
5. I am an out and out extrovert.
6. I can make friends at the drop of the hat.
7and 8. Ditto!!!
9. Once I avoided my class teacher for days cos of some naughtiness I had done, till my Dad told me to confront her and be done with it. I did, and since then I rather face the music than tell lies to avoid it.
10. Same here but I am not a restless person.
11.I am slow to anger
12. I tend to agree to disagree than to give up.
13,14,15. Ditto.
16. I am selective of the movies I watch.
17. Ditto ( sadly)
18. I am an expert babysitter :)
19.I am religious though I tend to question some aspects of my religion from time to time.
20. I am happily unmarried, and plan to remain so for some time :))

Loved reading this post. It is so uncluttered unlike mine :))

Biju said...

@Arun-Thanks for the comment. Its not as difficult as you think. So why don't you give a try?

@Silverine-Thanks a lot for your elaborate comments.

Anonymous said...

Hi Biju,

Agree on the baby sitting stuff - exciting and you feel wonderful when your son jumps at you as soon as you reach home from office !!.

BTW, great blog, will keep visiting