Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Great Indian Comedy Show

I guess I have to blame it on the extra laughing bone in me. My laughing style is well talked about in the family not because it is sweet :-) but the converse. People say laughter is good for health and it is even used as a therapy. Did you also know that it could bring some NOT SO GOOD moments? Why??? Read on…..

This dates back to our golden years in Dubai. Saju and I stayed back one Thursday at Praveen’s place. Prashanth was very small and not old enough to join in the fun, anyway 4 of us slept together. Vishwan kochachan and kochamma slept just in the adjacent room. It was pretty late I guess or at least they were fast asleep. It’s not an everyday affair that we are together, on that pretext we begin the SHOW. This time Praveen is the performer. It may not sound funny at all while reading it now but trust me it did back then. This is a line from a hindi movie. Praveen just narrates it in style.


'sadakku sadakku keilaa, sadakku sadakku keilaa…keilaaa’
‘mera biwi turr turr karta aur mera bacchaa purr purr kartaa’

This was enough for us to burst out laughing. I remember going breathless at times. When it was getting too loud Vishwan kochachan throws the first warning. All of us go quiet, but not for too long. The tempo slowly accelerates and reaches the peak when he throws us the second warning. This goes on for a few more warnings when he cannot take it any longer.

The Great Indian Tragedy

He storms into our bedroom with a long stick (better known as chooral) and treats all of us with its unique taste. Now things get very serious and we know it’s not that safe to go on. :-). The show was SHORT lived but WELL lived.

1 comment:

Arun said...

Ok...now I get what you guys meant by sadakk sadakk...lol.