Thursday, September 15, 2005

Short vacation

Achan, amma, Gopi kochachan and Sudha kochamma made a trip to the Far East back in the early 80’s. Saju and I were shifted to the Karamas alias Vishwan kochachan’s home. These were fun times different from home. Different because of the surroundings, school bus, bus stop, food etc.

I remember waiting in front of ‘Mustafa Mohammed Super Market’ for the school bus to arrive.
I remember the pink snack box I took to school.
I remember standing in front of Thomson Audio/Video shop watching celebrity posters.
I remember playing football with Mohammed.
I remember going to Video World with Kochachan. (Best library I’ve ever seen back then)
I remember sneaking into the living room after hours to see what kochachan was watching on TV. (We almost got caught once)
I remember making visits downstairs to Anju’s house.
I remember going for Arabic tuitions in the ground floor.
I remember munching on Frankies (Praveen’s influence ;-), it’s a chapathi role)
I remember STAR OF KARAMA restaurant. The most famous oil rich parathas. Yum yum
I remember these sweet memories forever etched in my mind.

1 comment:

Arun said...

The days at dubai are almost like heaven...first of all its the childhood spent there and the special things about the place which you never get to see in India.